PAINT COMPANY was founded in 1945, by F.E. Kautz, who owned and operated it until his death in 1979. His daughter, Ann Kautz
Bargahiser took over the reins and operated it until September, 2001 when it was purchased by it's current owner, George Bufkin.
Mansfield Paint Company was founded around Mr. Kautz's idea for automotive finishes which included wheel rim paints, plastisols
for coating dashboards, and other functional paints, all of which met specific needs for automobiles. As the need for paints
changed, Mansfield Paint evolved and changed as well. Although, MPC still manufactures paint for application over cast iron
and steel where automotive quality color matching and functional performance requirements exist. The company was orginally
located in Mansfield, Ohio but in December of 2002 was moved to Medina, Ohio.